Friday, May 23, 2008

Pondo Trip Cancelled

Do to the crazy weather our ponderosa pines mission (Go campaign) trip was cancelled. I know many of you were looking forward to seeing pictures of the girls and what we were doing. We left today at 3:00 to head up to the mountains near Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead. After sitting in traffic for 2 and 1/2 hours we stopped at the McDonalds to use the restroom at Baseline Road just at the bottom of the hill. I left my phone in the car and when i returned 5 minutes later i had 4 missed phone calls all leaving messages saying trip was cancelled pondo has 4-5 inches of snow, they were going to rescedule for next week.
We were so looking forward to going. The girls did get to see some snow. A hummer that had driven down the mountain and stopped at the restaurant where we ate dinner had snow on the roof, hood, and on top of the spare tire in the back so every turn in made in the parking lot snow fell off, Mia and Peyton were thrilled to see snow.
I guess we need to take them to the snow because snow on blacktop isnt a real pretty site.
Remind myself: Next year take the girls to the snow!!! I guess when we drive over the grapevine in the middle of winter hoping to see snow after huge storm comes thru we really shouldn't get our hopes up but at the end of May almost June that is the perfect time to plan a trip to the local so cal mountain to see the snow.
Another thing to remember for next time: Always plan for snow even in the middle of May. I guess that just goes to show me to watch what I say becuase it wasnt but 30 minutes before we got the phone calls that I told Michael it doesn't snow in southern california in the middle of May.
It's like the line from Field of Dreams "If you say it it will come", and just like that the snow came.
Well next weekend is Prom. I know, I know, but this time we are the chaperone's actually we just get to check the students in (which is tons of fun), hang for a bit, dress up, go out to dinner, then whenever we feel like it or boredom sets in take off.
I let you all know how that goes and hopefully no snow in Long Beach or at least inside the Aquarium.