Thursday, September 4, 2008

School has begun

Well after a wonderful summer. Michael and I headed back to work last monday. With only a 3 days rest of a weekend after getting back from Hawaii. Monday morning came very early. We were still on Hawaii time. I am still on Hawaii time. Normally I am passed out asleep by 8pm I am barely tired at 10pm. Its crazy but anyways back to monday morning. we started and thank goodness for two days without students. We needed it just to get used to working all day. I know sounds funny or annoying but it takes getting used to working after having a month off. I know what your thinking at least you had a month off. Very true. I am greatful for the summers.
But Wednesday came and I really hate the first day of school it is so boring. Even as a teacher because you are explaining your syllaby all day every period.
Then came our three day weekend and we decided to give the girls their own rooms. That meant our 3rd bedroom which was the office/junk/throw anything we cant find room for elsewhere room had to be cleaned out. let me put it this way we are still in the process of that. But we have made good progress just ran out of time in our three day weekend. But since the girls have about the same bedtime it became more like a sleepover every night all they do is talk and giggle and keep each other awake. They needed their own rooms, their own space. So we just have a desk, my scrapbooking stuff, and the closet to move out and then move in Mia's bed and dresser and toys. Hopefully this weekend will give us a good time.
Well both girls have new teachers this year. Mia is in a Pre-K class which is amazing becuase I cant believe she is turning 4 in a month and will be in Kindergarten next year. Time has flown. Way too fast. So they both are getting used to thier new teachers which is easier for Mia, but Peyton is definetly making sure that no one forgets that she is 2. She is testing her boundaries with her new teacher to see exactly what she can get away with and how far she can push the line. I have a few students like that in my 3rd period this year.
So we are off to a great start to a new school year. Ready for a day off. Can't wait till we do our annual trip to Disneyland for the girls birthday. We might have to go a little sooner than Mia's birthday.
Hope you all have had a wonderful start to a new school year.