Saturday, June 12, 2010

One week till summer...

I saw this teacher gift idea on a blog the other day and thought it was such a cute idea.   I still need to make a quick run to target to add a few more items on the inside...
But the teacher supplies i had from a back to school sale the box was $3.00 and the paper was left over from scrapbooking.  So simple.
Here is the link of directions of the how to...http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2010/04/box-of-teacher-goodies.html

I just love stealing ideas from other people.  Like the next one.
As summer approaches i have a little more time to start new ideas and since both girls are getting to be of school age i figured it would be a good time to start giving them an allowance.  They already have chores that they do, the help out with the dishes, put their clothes away after we do the laundry, make their beds, clean their room, help clean the rest of the house, feed the dog.  They are currently doing their jobs for spare change that Michael or I would have in our pockets.  So why change... Well i read a friends post a bit back on how she is teaching her kids about saving money and giving money to God.  I really liked this idea.  Start them now. 
So how we are going to do their "chores" is going to be a work in progress, how we give them money again "work in progress" but with more time in the summer to work out the kinks i figured it would be a great time to start.  So when we went to Michaels today we also picked up a few more supplies, letters and ribbon, and i added a jeweled cross for the "give" jar.
Each girl picked their ribbon and lucky for me the pink letters worked with both ribbons.  Now we start.
I will let you know how it goes and what changes i make.
We also created a list of summer activities to check off as well as I have a list of activities to get some great pictures.  I will post those at a later date.
Here is to 4 more days of school!  YeeHaw!